Thursday, August 5, 2010

An update from Tara- BIG news!

I have some big news, I won't keep you in suspense...
I am due around Valentine's Day! We recently moved into a new home...
I have been concentrating a lot on my mixed media art work
Here is a piece I recently finished
It is on a 40X60 canvas and has several different textures and mediums on it
It is available for sale in my store


Here is a 4 piece canvas that I recently sold
These canvases were 12x12 each

July 17 was my birthday, I am now 29
(eek!)
I know 29 is still young but I have a sneaking suspicion that
the years will just fly by from here on out.
What's that saying?
"The days are so long, but the years are so short"
For any of you that have moved and had to move all of your scrapping supplies
I'm sure you can relate, it is NOT fun!
Paper weighs a TON and it really gives you perspective on how
fast the stuff can accumulate!
Lately I have been very good about not buying more scrapbook supplies
unless I know it's something I am going to use in the very near future.
It is so easy to let this hobby turn into a product hoarding frenzy and
that is SO not what it's about
It's about preserving memories and in 15 years my kids won't care
whether I used the latest or trendiest products on their scrapbooks
With school being out my scrapping time has been pretty non existent
but here are 2 pages I managed to quickly crank out
the other night:




Koby has started moved up from machine pitch to kid pitch baseball
He is one heck of a pitcher, so fun and intense to watch!
During a recent game he had 9 strike outs and held a total shut out
until the last inning of the game


We recently went to Steamboat Springs, CO to take Koby's team
to play in the World Series.
It was the first time I'd been to the state and I fell in love!
The mountain air, the amazing scenery, and everyone is so active!
Everywhere you look people are riding bikes, walking their dogs,
I just loved the lifestyle there.
We will go back next July and I am counting the days.
I would love to go there this winter and see Colorado in it's snow covered majesty.
I doubt being pregnant on skis is that good of an idea though...

I can make all the promises in the world about trying to blog more often
but the reality is life happens and gets in the way
I miss blogging and miss hearing from all of my online friends
All I can do is try to get back in the habit of updating, once it
becomes more of a habit it's easier and becomes second nature
Thanks for reading my update
I hope each and every one of you are doing well!!








8 comments:

  1. Wow Tara! Congratulations!! How exciting! I've definitely missed chatting, but I know how crazy everything gets. I love your canvases and that shoe tying layout is so cute with the little ties. Hope your feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS Tara!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee all the photos and the lo's!!! JUST GORGEOUS as always! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay Tara!! I'm so excited for you!! I had a feeling that may be the news ;-) Feel good, my friend! And I'm loving all your recent artwork and scrappies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tara!!!! Our number four was a total surprise to us too, it was so exciting!!!! Your mixed media stuff is really cool! Glad to have you back at AMM, hope to see more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! Congrats Girl! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your awesome news! I've missed you much but completely understand living life over blogging. Hopefully we can stay in touch a little more often. Know I'm thinking of you! Love Sweetie! -L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! I just thought I would take a peak at your blog (sorry- it's been way too long) and BAM! SO much going on! I've missed so much!
    I don't have to tell you how busy life is! But I miss my blog friend and I hope to make the rounds more often! Take care of yourself ! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is even better in person! You are far too modest, my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online