Friday, July 24, 2009

28 days later..

Has it seriously been almost a month since I last blogged?
Wow.
My sincerest apologies.




Things are going better health-wise for me.
Thanks for all of your prayers.



These past few weeks have been super busy.
We traveled to Edmond, OK for the Little League World Series and took 4th place.
Most days it got up to 106 degrees and it was miserable.
I will never complain about Missouri heat again!
I visited some very neat stores while there though, Paper Crown is one of the neatest shops I've been in!
I also went to Just 4 Keeps, a very nice store in Edmond.



My birthday was July 17th and I got the most fantastic birthday present ever...
A Nikon D60!!!
I have dreamed about having a SLR camera for some time and I literally cried tears of joy when Mike gave it to me!
Right now I am just shooting in AUTO mode but will be taking some photography classes in the coming weeks ahead.



Last night I taught my first card class.
I have started a card club called "Bored Housewife" Card Club.
We are at 17 members our first month and I couldn't be more excited!
The first class was "Dishpan Hands" and here are the cards I designed for the class:

Our next class, "Haute Mama" will be Thursday, August 20th at 7:00.The cost is $12.50 and anyone who brings a friend will get to make a free card.



That is all for now, I promise to post some new photos taken with my new camera in the upcoming days ;)



4 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee the new blog layout....and HAPPY they made 4th place!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!! And sooooooooooooooooo glad U are feeling better....and and and and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee that U got a new camera! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beautiful! Glad to see you back in blogland! I really missed you. So much to say here. First, I love your new blog look...isn't Shaina great? And your photo is STUNNING!!! 4th place at the LL World Series? That is amazing. I know you mentioned it was hot but it still had to be a blast!

    Happy belated birthday! WOW...a new camera. You are going to LOVE it! I owned a Nikon for several years and just bought a Canon a few months ago. I'm in the middle Karen Russell's photography class right now. It's overwhelming but a terrific class. You will have to let me know which class you take and maybe we can compare notes.

    Love your cards...you certainly rocked those!

    Hope your health issues have been resolved. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs & Love to you!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beautiful!!! I just read the comment you left about me being a beauty queen. That was so sweet of you to say...you really made my day. But dear one, did ya read the part where I screwed the whole thing up! LOL! LOL! LOL! You are such a sweetie! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo L

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online